What is the CPE PTO?
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. The CPE PTO is a nonprofit group comprised of parents, teachers, and staff dedicated to improving the educational experience of all students at Central Park- Morningstar Elementary School. Our goals are to encourage interaction between family and school, serve as a source of support, and work with teachers, staff, and the community at large to improve our children’s educational experience. The PTO works closely with the school administration to meet this goal.
What does the PTO do, exactly?
If you look up “PTO” in the dictionary you might find words like: organize, support, help, and volunteer. The PTO organizes special events such as tailgator, parent breakfasts (Donuts with Dad/Muffins with Mom), multiple teacher appreciation events, Spring Fling, Dance-A-Thon, spirit shirt designs and others.
Who can join PTO?
Any parent or guardian of a current student of CPE as well as all current faculty and staff.
How do I become a member?
All you have to do is complete our membership form here. There is no cost to join but you must be member to vote at meetings. It is never too late to join!
What are the benefits of membership?
First it gives you a voice! Your membership entitles you to vote at all meetings on PTO business. (There is one vote per household.) You may desire to volunteer to help with our many events throughout the year. Volunteering is encouraged but NOT required.
What programs has/does CPE PTO fund and support?
• Supplemental Education Costs (Such as teacher training and classroom supplies)
• Ordering and Selling Spirit Sticks
• Raising Funds for Playground Equipment and School Improvements
• Special Events (Mad Science, etc.)
• Coordinating and Assisting Homeroom Helpers in Each Classroom
• Teacher Appreciation Luncheons
• Book Fair Assistance
• Box Tops for Education
• Fulfilling Student Personal Needs (Clothing, etc.)
• Alternative Fundraisers such as Halloween Gram and Valentine’s Grams so that no student is selling from a magazine.
• Other needs (such as 2018 donation of risers for school performances)
HELP! My child needs help and I don’t know where to turn for assistance.
PTO is here to help connect you with resources to support CPE students. Please reach out to us. Your confidentiality is of the utmost importance and rest assured we will utilize our best efforts to ensure that your child has the necessary tools for success.
When and Where are the PTO Meetings?
Updated meeting schedules can be found here.
Why should I come to PTO Meetings?
• The number one reason is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. The PTO is a great opportunity to become involved in your child’s education at CPE.
• Get connected! There is no better way to get involved in what is happening or is going to happen at CPE.
• Stay informed. By getting involved at CPE, you will be part of the team helping to make positive changes.
• Tap into a network. Come and share ideas, concerns, and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTO functions are an opportunity to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and be informed.
• Be a role model. By becoming active in the PTO, you will be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education. Studies show children do better in school when parents are involved.
• Speak Up. PTO offers a forum for exchanging ideas as well as making suggestions. PTO can be a way for you to more effectively express change at CPE.
How can I make a difference at CPE?
The PTO believes that parent involvement is an essential ingredient to a student’s success. We strongly encourage all parents and faculty to join the PTO. Joining the PTO is a great way for you to show support for your child and to ensure he/she receives the best education possible. You can attend the PTO meetings, volunteer your time for PTO events and support the fundraising events to help educate your children. Your input is important to us.
How can I help?
Please consider helping in any way that fits your schedule. There are many things that you can do to help. Perhaps what works best is to show your support through making a financial contribution. Maybe you can dedicate several hours to a special event or fundraiser. The amount of time you spend participating in PTO activities is up to your discretion. The important thing is that you become involved in your child’s educational experience. You may contact the PTO office or any of our Officers and let them know you are interested in volunteering and they will gladly help you find the perfect place. Even if the school year is underway, it is never to late to get involved! CPE-PTO needs you!
How can I help raise funds and support CPE?
There are several easy ways to help.
• Make a donation. Become a booster. Make a one time or recurring donation. Donate your time through volunteering. Donate raffle items and to ‘sharing and caring’ and ‘Central Park Gives back’.
• Participate in Spring Fling, and Dance-A-Thon. Buy Spirit Sticks, Vday Grams, Halloween Grams. These are our largest fundraisers of the year, so we need your support!
• Saving Box Tops • Participate in restaurant/”Spirit” nights. This is a fun time to socialize with other ECM families as well as raise money for ECM.
How does the PTO acquire the necessary funds to sponsor so many projects? Fundraisers and donations. Becoming a Booster via any of the Donation Levels that fit your budget and participating in the Dance-A-Thon and Spring Fling (Raffle Items and Art/Photography Donations NEEDED) are our biggest fundraisers. Your support of these events is vital to our success as a PTO!
What happens to the money raised by the PTO?
Each year a budget is created and voted on by our members. From this we decide where the funds will go. Each year the PTO strives to raise at least enough funds to meet some of the items on the wish list of the school administration. While fundraising is not our primary goal, it is an important aspect of the PTO. Money raised by the PTO sponsored events helps purchase supplemental materials for CPE students and staff. One hundred percent of the money raised through PTO goes directly back to benefit the CPE students. PTO’s role has become even more critical as we raise funds to supplement the cost of the schools’ needs. One of our main focuses has been funding large purchases for the school (playground equipment and other outdoor improvements, risers, software, 2019-2010 GOAL/in progress: student chromebooks library donation & STEM classroom training and supplies). The PTO gladly works to provide some of the extras that our students and teachers receive. In the past, some of these extras have included:
* Additional resources for the media center
* Playground equipment
* Social events
* Teacher appreciation week
* Recess/gym equipment
How do I become an officer?
All positions are for a 1 year term. In order to be eligible for officer nominations, one must currently have a student enrolled at Central Park Elementary who will still be a student at our campus during the entire one year term. Nominees must also be able to attend most Board Meetings. If you meet all these requirements simply complete the “Officer Nomination” Form that is available in the spring. Once all forms are submitted the current board will select a slate of officers to be presented and voted on at the PTO meeting in April.
Don’t see what you were looking for? Feel free to contact us at: